Please see below details of two free training opportunities for care home managers and activity co-ordinators in Suffolk:
- Towards an Active Care Home – afternoon workshops taking place in Lowestoft (27th Feb), Ipswich (1st April) and Bury St Edmunds (2nd April)
- Activities for People with Dementia – full day workshops taking place Ipswich (5th March) and Bury St Edmunds (12th March).
Full details of both opportunities are available by clicking on the following links.
Active Care Home Application Form
NAPA DEMENTIA TRAINING APPLICATION FORM
Or, for further details contact:
Strategic Lead for Physical Activity
Directorate of Health, Wellbeing and Children’s Services
Suffolk County Council, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX
T: 01473 260821
M: 07894 598296
FALLS PREVENTION TRAINING
Falls Prevention Study Day
A FREE Study Day
Date: Thursday 28th March 2019
Venue: Lecture Room, Education Centre, Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich, IP4 5PD
Time: 13:00hrs to 17:00hrs
Topics to be covered:
- Vision and falls – Dr Derek Dunston
- Eye Clinic Liaison Officer Services (ECLO) – Dawn Wright
- Elderly balance problems and falls – Chris Sparkes
- Frailty and falls – Dr Jane Shoote
- Continence and falls – Dr Dan Coates
Who is the study day for?
This study day is for nurses and allied health professionals (band 5 and above), and managers/nurses/senior carers in care homes. Space is limited so it will be on first come first served basis.
Certificate of attendance.
If you require a certificate, please request for one at the time of the booking. Certificates will be available for collection at the end of the study day.
To book a place for this FREE study day, please contact:
Sharon Flatt. Tel: 01473 702990
For more information contact: Anita Walkinshaw. Tel: 01473 275250
Closing date for bookings: Thursday 14 March 2019
Update from Duet Diabetes
We would like to share with you our updated Diabetes Information Postcard which, as well as providing competency statements for people working in care homes, contains some useful links for professionals involved in the care of people with diabetes such as:
· the CQC guidance for inspectors which outlines the elements of good diabetes care – “guidance for CQC staff: inspecting the quality of care for residents with diabetes mellitus living in care homes” (During her presentations, my colleague Helen Stephen made reference to this guidance)
· Training, Research and Education for Nurses in Diabetes (TREND-UK)
To download please click on : A5-half-fold-ip_2018Generic
If you are considering booking places for one of our open workshops, or are interested in talking to us about ‘in house’ training exclusively for your organisation, please remember to use code (Suf2018) which provides you with a 10% discount on any training booked and paid for before the end of January 2019 (the training does not need to take place before the end of January though!).
Please click on the links below for details of our upcoming open workshops in Suffolk and Norfolk and also the workshops page on our website provides a summary of the content of all of our workshops.
A5 upcoming open workshops Suffolk
A5 upcoming open workshops Norfolk
Or for further details of all diabetic training offered by Duet please go to: https://www.duetdiabetes.co.uk/workshops
If you have any queries at all, please contact:
DUET diabetes Ltd
01799 584178 / 07443 659985
PS….If you are considering booking places for one of our open workshops, or are interested in talking to us about ‘in house’ training exclusively for your organisation, please remember to use code (Suf2018) which provides you with a 10% discount on any training booked and paid for before the end of January 2019 (the training does not need to take place before the end of January though!).